Welcome to Year 1
The Year 1 Team
Miss Arezoo - Class teacher
Mrs Lamming - Teaching assistant
Miss Knight - Class teacher
Mrs Wait - Class teacher (on Thursdays)
Mrs Weedon - Teaching assistant
Mrs Gill - Teaching assistant
Miss Heslop - 1:1 Teaching assistant
25th September: We are at the end of week 3 and are still going strong! The children are showing amazing resilience and perseverance. They are responding well to our behaviour charts and whole class reward systems.
We would like to share our planning format and activities with you so that you are aware of what we are covering and how we are covering it. We will choose a text to work from and then create links across the curriculum. This week and next week we are focusing on the story Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers. The children have really enjoyed this story and have engaged with the activities well.
We will update this section of the website when we change texts.
Planning overview - Lost and Found
11th September: We have had a brilliant first week back at school! The children have settled down well and have had lots of fun. We have modelled our classroom like a Reception classroom and have had different areas of learning to choose from throughout the week. Have a look out for your children working in the photos below!
- Please drop off your child promptly at 8.45 at the school gates (at Reception). You will be greeted by Miss Harris and other members of staff who will guide your children to the correct classrooms.
- Home time is at 2.45. The children will be taken to the same gate you brought them to in the morning.
- Please remember your child will need a water bottle everyday as the water fountains will not be in use.
- There will be no fruit snack until Wednesday, please provide your child with a fruit/vegetable snack on Monday and Tuesday (this is only the first week back).
- Your child will need a coat everyday as we will be going outside for learning and playtime every day.
- Your child should arrive in a pair of black school shoes/trainers for outdoors. To support their independence, please make sure they have velcro on them or that they can easily be taken on and off. They also need a pair of indoor shoes like plimsolls or slippers. These can be any colour. Please bring them in a carrier bag so they can be kept easily in your child's locker. It would really help us if you could encourage your child to practice taking their outdoor shoes off and their indoor shoes on over the weekend. This will really help thank you!
- No P.E. kits will be needed as we will not be getting changed for P.E.
- Lunches - unless your child is entitled to free school meals, you must provide your child with a cold packed lunch in a lunch box.
- Please don't let your child bring unnecessary objects to school. This is to ensure the least amount of contact between home and school.
- Children will be given 2-3 reading books to take home in their book bag on a Monday to share with you at home. These will not be used at school. Their books should be returned on Friday in their book bags so that they can be quarantined ready for the following week. We will read with your child using a different set of books just for school use.
- If you need to share any general information or have any queries please feel free to email us at the addresses below:
Miss Arezoo - 1LA@chickerell.dorset.sch.uk
Miss Knight - 1LK@chickerell.dorset.sch.uk
- If you would like to speak to us in person or on the phone, please arrange this with the office staff.
The Year 1 team : )