Autumn Term 2020
We hope that you all enjoyed a Summer holiday free of the stresses, strains and challenges of home schooling. We know after a difficult few months that you all deserved this time to rest, relax and have fun. Although it was by no means an expectation that you undertook any work with the children over the holidays, we hope that some of you may have taken advantage of some of the activities and games we provided and suggested. We certainly hope you were able to keep up a little regular reading as this will really have benefited the children on their return.
We know that many of you are anxious about how we support the children's learning after a disrupted year and ensure that they are ready for Year 2. There will be some changes to our provision this year but we shall be ensuring a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum where children are inspired and enthused to learn all whilst creating the time and flexibility to ensure that we identify and address any gaps in learning and enable the children to achieve and succeed. More information on how you can support your child's learning at home will be shared with you over the coming weeks but until then we have kept a section on the website with English and Maths activities and worksheets that you can use to consolidate our Year 1 learning.
- Please drop off your child promptly at 8.30 at the Reception playground gate.
- Home time is at 3:00. The children will be brought to the same gate for you to collect them.
- Please remember your child will need a water bottle everyday as the water fountains will not be in use.
- Your child will need a coat everyday as we will be going outside for learning and playtime every day.
- Your child should arrive in a pair of black school shoes/trainers for outdoors. They also need a pair of indoor shoes like plimsolls or slippers which will be kept in their locker.
- No P.E. kits will be needed as we will not be getting changed for P.E.
- Lunches - unless your child is entitled to free school meals, please provide a cold packed lunch in a lunch box.
- To ensure the least amount of contact between home and school please refrain from bringing in unneccessary items.
- Children will be given 2-3 reading books to take home in their book bag on a Monday to share with you at home. These will not be used at school. You can record their reading using Oxford Reading Buddy.Their books should be returned on Friday in their book bags so that they can be quarantined ready for the following week. We will read with your child using a different set of books just for school use.
- If you need to share any general information or have any queries please feel free to email us at the addresses below:
Miss Chappell - 2CC@chickerell.dorset.sch.uk
Mrs Galloway/Mrs Saunders - 2GS@chickerell.dorset.sch.uk
- If you would like to speak to us in person or on the phone, please arrange this with the office staff.
The Year 2 Team
The Year 2 Team
Mrs Saunders - Class Teacher
Mrs Galloway- Class Teacher
Miss Chappell - Class Teacher
Miss Emmerson - Teaching Assistant
Miss Edgar - Teaching Assistant
Year 2 - In the event of any closure related to COVID
Our Curriculum - What Will Your Child Learn This Term?
Teach Your Monster to Read - UK government approved phonics and reading game **Free for a limited time
Scratch Jnr - Coding for young children
Inventioneers - Crazy inventions and problem solving fun
Beebot - Great for directional language and programming
Pixie dust - Drawing with magic pens and stamps
Animate It Lite - Create your own stop frame animations