New Governor Vacancy
We are currently looking for a new governor to join our friendly governing body. Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our school. We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
- Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school;
- Is community spirited and would like to represent the community;
- Has spare time and the energy for the role;
- Is able to work well as part of a team;
- Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school;
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements.
These volunteer positions are open to parents/guardians or other people from our community.
What is the role of the governing body?
- Helping to set and review the school’s strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement;
- Holding the Headteacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent.
In looking to fill these vacancies we are looking for enthusiasm, interest and the willingness to work together as a team. If you have any questions, please do pop in to see me or we can have a chat on the telephone (tel: 01305 783876).
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jody Harris, Headteacher David Tattersall, Chair of Governors